As leaders in the HIV community, we are taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 amongst the immunocompromised community we serve. With the safety and health of our members, volunteers, and staff being our number one priority, the following policies/protocols have been implemented.
On Tuesday, March 17th Aliveness will close all public spaces, including the dining room, lobby, community room, conference room, therapy rooms, and first floor restrooms. Members can only enter the building by appointment and accompanied by a staff member.
We will continue to fully support and encourage our staff to work remotely when they can. Our staff is fully committed to providing services to members, now more than ever.
Aliveness’ mission during this major public health concern is to continue to provide critical HIV care and prevention services (including meals and food shelf) to our members while maintaining social distancing and preventing immune-compromised individuals from contracting COVID-19.
Impacts to Aliveness services:
Meal & Food Shelf –
- Aliveness will offer to-go meals Monday-Thursday from 12-6pm, Friday 12-4pm, Saturady: CLOSED. *The dining room will not be open for any members.*
- Food shelf will also operate with pre-packed to-go bags available Monday-Thursday from 12-6pm, Friday 12-4pm, Saturady: CLOSED.
- Meals will include plastic wear and water bottles/juice boxes.
- We are increasing the amount members can use our food shelf to an as needed basis.
Case Management & MNT –
- Case managers are highly encouraged to do as much work as possible remotely. (via phone/email)
- Members are able to meet with their case manager by appointment only.
- Members can arrive 10 mins prior to appointment.
- If a member is showing symptoms of illness, in-person meetings are to be rescheduled.
- All offsite testing/education events will be cancelled until further notice.
- Onsite HIV testing will still be available to the general public.
To become a member:
Please email new member applications as able to [email protected] in an encrypted email (Zay can help with creating an encrypted email if needed) with provided verification as needed. You can find our member application on our website here and more information on the application process at this time here. Otherwise, please fax to us at 612.822.9668 and email [email protected] to let us know you sent us an application. There may be a delay in processing due to increased clinic activity.
We want to thank everyone for the outpouring love and support. Over the past couple days we have received numerous online donations, in-kind food shelf donations, and volunteer calls asking “What can I do to help?” We hope you will continue to support Aliveness as we navigate the challenging road that lies ahead.
Ways to give:
- Online Donations: Click here
- Donations can mailed to 3808 Nicollet Ave S Minneapolis MN 55409
- In-Kind Donations (Non-perishable goods, personal hygiene products)
For any additional questions or concerns please contact us at [email protected] or give us a call 612.822.7946