PrEP, what is it?
PrEP is a once daily medication that can reduce your risk of getting HIV. Taking PrEP is a simple and easy step you can take towards a healthy sex life. Call our free clinic, THRIVE, at the Aliveness Project to make an appointment today to get started on PrEP.
Daily PrEP use can reduce the risk of acquiring HIV from sex by more than 99%. Among people who inject drugs, PrEP reduces the risk of acquiring HIV by more than 74%.
The Aliveness Project’s THRIVE Clinical Services offers confidential testing, counseling services, and PrEP prescriptions for individuals at high-risk for exposure to HIV.
Candidates for PrEP include (but are not limited to):
- Individuals with a partner(s) who are living HIV
- Individuals who have a history of inconsistent or no condom use during sex
- Individuals who have multiple sexual partners
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the past 6 months
- Individuals who engage in sex work and/or transactional sex
- Individuals who engage in injection drug use
- Individuals who have been prescribed post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
What about the Cost of PrEP?
THRIVE is providing free and full access to PrEP services. The PrEP medications and the necessary follow-up appointments are covered by most insurances. If you do not have insurance or have trouble paying for PrEP, there are financial assistance options available to help pay for the medication and lab costs. THRIVE at the Aliveness Project covers lab tests, STI screening, and PrEP prescription.
Traditionally, PrEP medications can cost anywhere from $2,000-$4,000 per month out of pocket. However, our PrEP Specialist will work to have medication costs covered through a patient assistance program.
A monthly medication prescription is necessary for PrEP. If you are uninsured or cannot afford your medication costs, contact [email protected] or 612.822.9646 to discuss financial assistance options available to you.
We’re Here To Help
Check our Frequenty Asked Questions.
Available Appointment Times *
*Can’t make these times? Give us a call to discuss other options.