In response to COVID-19 cases in Minnesota rising at alarming rates, Gov. Tim Waltz announced new restrictions for the entire state effective Friday, November 20, 2020. As we continue to navigate the changing needs of the HIV community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Aliveness is committed to remain open. For updated information about service changes and hours of operation visit our website at www.aliveness.org.
The Aliveness Project proudly supports the protective measures Gov. Tim Waltz announced to keep all Minnesotans safe from COVID-19. We stand behind the Governor’s decision to protect our communities and those most vulnerable safe from the rapidly increasing COVID-19 virus. We stand ready to support those living with HIV and anyone needing a free HIV test.
Aliveness will continue providing our essential supportive services and food every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11am – 3pm while prioritizing the safety of our members, staff, and volunteers.
Some recent changes in our services include:
- Starting Monday, November 30, an appointment will be required to access the following services; HIV Testing, Case Management, and Housing Assistance. Call 612.822.7946 to make an appointment.
- Heightened sanitizing protocols have been implemented.
- Floor decals have been placed throughout the building for social distancing
- Minimizing the number of staff allowed in the building.
- All in-person volunteer shifts have been postponed until 2021.
- All charitable gaming operations have temporally closed, and gaming staff have been furloughed.
- A mask is required to be worn by everyone in our building at all times.
Aliveness remains committed to our community and we will get through this together. Please visit the State of Minnesotas COVID-19 Response page for full details on new restrictions.
Thank you for everything you do to keep our community safe – you make our work possible!